Effective learning environments are based on a practical approach to addressing authentic situations. Students are successful when they are prepared for real-world conditions throughout their educational experiences. By providing an atmosphere that gives genuine answers to genuine issues, they can address, adjust, and adapt to the ever-changing world of mass communication.
Create a video news package, between 60 and 90 seconds in length, of interest to an audience in Central Iowa.
- Analyze techniques used by news reporters, photographers, and editors.
- Develop fundamental skills in videography, audio recording, and non-linear editing.
- Demonstrate best practices currently in use in multimedia reporting and production.
“This American Life” Story
Create a personalized audio narrative, between 60 and 90 seconds in length, in the style of “This American Life”.
- Analyze and evaluate current methods used by real-world content creators.
- Develop fundamental skills in audio recording and audio editing.
- Demonstrate best practices in the production of audio content.
Create a one-page flyer promoting an organization, location, or service of your choice using Adobe Photoshop.
- Analyze basic concepts in visual design and communication.
- Develop a fundamental understanding in the basic operation of Adobe Photoshop.
- Demonstrate original concepts in creative and inventive design.
In my role at Drake University, I routinely have the opportunity to involve students in numerous multimedia productions produced by my office. The following are examples of projects where I was able to supervise, direct, and work with students. In all instances, they served either as videographers, editors, production assistants, or talent.
Information Technology Services
Front Desk Training